Named recycled?

Michael Kohne mhkohne at discordia.org
Thu May 18 15:36:15 UTC 2000

Unless there is a bug that causes you trouble, there is no particular
reason you should have to restart bind. It automatically cleans up after
itself as it goes, so unless it's there is a bug, it should run pretty
happily just about forever. If you are nervous about leaving stuff up 24x7,
you could always do scheduled reboots on your server, but again, unless
there is a problem with the system, that shouldn't be necessary.

The only time I take named down is when I reboot my server, which usually
only happens when I do something stupid.

Good luck!

At 09:13 AM 5/18/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings all,
>
>	Does anyone know if it is bad to not cycle the named service.  Is it
>designed to run without restarting it once in a while.  Would I want to do
>something like that?
>
>Mark A Cinense

Michael Kohne
mhkohne at discordia.org
"Evolution is God's version of Domino Rally"