Named recycled?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu May 18 15:37:01 UTC 2000

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 09:13:46AM -0600, Cinense, Mark wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> 	Does anyone know if it is bad to not cycle the named service.  Is it
> designed to run without restarting it once in a while.  Would I want to do
> something like that?
>
> Mark A Cinense

On a Unix or derivative system that is known not to have memory leaks
itself [most of them], with a reasonable amount of memory for your
usage, 'named' should be able to run indefinitely.  No daemon program
should ever have to be re-started, in a perfect world.  Alas, we live
in a very Microsoft world.  ;-]

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B