Partition sizes for DNS server?

Albert Meyer bind-users at waller.net
Wed May 24 21:19:07 UTC 2000

Yes, there was a typo, and it is a 2G. I had left out the decimal points in
.5 and 1.0.

Here's how much space is used now:

16      ./lost+found
5724    ./home
6072    ./var
0       ./proc
8       ./tmp
108     ./dev
3364    ./etc
4620    ./bin
2664    ./boot
20020   ./lib
12      ./mnt
4       ./opt
48      ./root
4100    ./sbin
206888  ./usr

Which adds up to:

/               34M
swap            128M
/usr            206M
/var            6M
/home           6M
/tmp            0M

I haven't heard of making a separate partition for /usr/local before. What
ends up in there? At this point (after installing and configuring Bind) it
only contains empty directories. I'm going to be the only user on this
machine, and the only thing in my home directory (besides preference files)
is downloaded rpm's. Do I need a bunch of space in /home, or should I use
it elsewhere? I'm wondering if I should leave a lot of space in /var
instead, as I'm planning to set the logging levels fairly high.