Non-Publishable IP's

Henri J. Schlereth henris at bga.com
Mon May 29 08:00:31 UTC 2000

The 192.168 IP's (which I also use) can have A records and you can have
PTR reverse zone files as well. Since they are reserved, you dont need
to have
someone delegate them to you.
AFAIK a DNS server can handle internal and external zones, bind 8.2.2P5
has many options that restrict queries and transfers(per zone) that you
need not worry about them getting out assuming you configure your
restrictions properly.

Just remeber that each zone file can have query/transfer restrictions
and you
should be fine. I dont quite understand the need to run DHCP for
internal
address unless you have laptops that move around a site. There would be
no shortage of IP numbers.

Henri J.Schlereth