Newbie DNS Help

frankeys at excite.com frankeys at excite.com
Mon May 8 17:48:27 UTC 2000

I recently regested a domain name using buydomians.com  Since the
don't offer DNS service I decided to run a DNS server on my linux box.
It is running Linux RH6.1.  I followed the HOWTO-DNS and everything
seems to be working fine when I perform an nslookup locally. It I
enter set q=any. and then lookup mydomain.com. I get everything thing
sent back correct. I can telnet in to port 53 (I think that is dns)
with no problems. However when I try to setup the DNS servers through
buydomains.com. It tells me that "nameserver does not exist". The
linux box is registered as another domain through register.com which
gave me free dns service. So basicly the quick version is as follows

register.com's DNS servers provide me with the following:
domain1.com ->IP address of linux box
ns.domain1.com -> IP address of linux box

I think I have the DNS setup for domain2 working on my box
However I can't seem to set the DNS server for domain2 to point to
domain1.com or ns.domain1.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.
-Frank