A and MX on other domain

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Nov 3 23:42:47 UTC 2000

No, if you add a record with an "nl" owner name to a "com" zonefile, it would
be considered "out of zone data" and rejected.

Even if you could add the record there, it would be unnecessary: nameservers
and applications can resolve that name by following the delegations down from
"nl"; they wouldn't/shouldn't be asking your nameserver for the A record just
because you gave them the MX.

Errorcode 700 means nothing to me. What mail software is reporting this
errorcode? And why don't you provide the *real* names so we could at least
have a chance of figuring out what's wrong?

- Kevin