sendmail: sender domain must resolve

Igmar Palsenberg maillist at chello.nl
Mon Nov 6 11:26:22 UTC 2000

> No, it's the sendmail running on our gateway, smtp.kensingtonlabs.com.
>
> BTW, I've noticed what seem to be one-shot DNS failures on my NT
> workstation running Netscape 4.76 through the Naviscope ad-blocker and
> next-page-prefetch proxy, and wasn't sure if those were coming from the
> browser/proxy combination or were real DNS failures. The first click on
> some links results in a "site not found" error and a subsequent reload
> of the page successfully pulls the page. This might be related.

It is related. I've got the same problem, and I'm trying to
reproduce. Unfortunately, the sendmail code is one big pile of spaghetti,
so 'easy debugging' has to be reinvented :-)

Some things that CAN be a cause is a caching DNS server. Sometimes this
one needs a restart after some zone updates. Very weird..

> Thanks, I'll pass that on to my provider.
>
> Ken
> mailto:shiva at well.com
> http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
> http://www.harrybrowne2000.org/