Help Me Please ...

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Nov 19 01:39:44 UTC 2000

At 12:57 PM 11/18/00 +0800, Sundar wrote:
>Hi All ,
>          I am using Bind 4.0 in NT 4.0 Server as a primary DNS Server
.After I load the database ,I can able to lookup the latest SOA .But when I
lookup the another server is not updating from my Primary DNS .I checked
the Event log it showing unapproved AXFR from (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).1085 for
all of my domains list on the named.boot.

  If by Bind 4.0 in NT 4.0 Server you mean the version of DNS that
Microsoft supplied
  (in the NT Server Resource kit I believe), then you should use it.  It's
buggy and
  even Microsoft won't support it.  You should copy the version of BIND
8.2.3-T6B
  from Len Conrad's site at URL:

http://bind8nt.meiway.com/download.cfm

  The kit is near the bottom.  It also supports AXFR and IXFR transfers.

>         What is AXFR please anybody explain to me about it unless give me
some URL please help me .

	An attempted transfer failed because you disallowed the transfer in your
  BIND configuration file.  I assume that the IP Address is one of the
other DNS
  servers for the domain.  If it isn't you don't need to worry.

			Danny