named-xfer fails with a signal 13 (sigpipe) (NOT)

Ricardo Manuel Oliveira rmo at eurotux.com
Mon Nov 27 18:49:01 UTC 2000

 Hi everyone,

 Problem solved. Apparently, for some strange reason (which
may or may not
have something to do with the fact that I had a little too
much to drink the night before chrooting bind), I created
the device null in /chroot/dns instead of
/chroot/dns/dev.

 After the creation of the device, everything went smoothly
- my secondaries are sucking the zones from the primaries,
and all is well.

 Thanks to everyone who helped - especially Jim Reid.

 If anyone wants the little howto, I'll be happy to send it
- just email me.

 Best of regards, Ricardo Oliveira.
----
Ricardo Manuel Oliveira