Server not loading its configuration

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Oct 3 19:20:31 UTC 2000

measterly at email.com wrote:

> In article <20001002182027.N16056 at washington.cospo.osis.gov>,
>   Joseph S D Yao <jsdy at cospo.osis.gov> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 08:34:09PM +0000, measterly at email.com wrote:
> > > After after running the command 'ndc status', I recieve the
> following
> > > statement at the end:  'server is not loading it's configuation'
> > >
> > > I'm new to this, what did I do wrong?  I can go into the nslookup
> and
> > > resolve whatever I want.  However, I get this error when I check the
> > > status.
> >
> > It's not an error.  It's just telling you, "the server is not loading
> > its configuration."  If the server were loading its configuration, it
> > would tell you, "server is loading its configuration".
> >
> > Capish?
> >
> > --
> > Joe Yao                               jsdy at cospo.osis.gov - Joseph S.
> D. Yao
> > COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                   EMT-B
> -
> > This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.
> >

> So, what's the difference between it loading and not loading the
> configuration?

What's the difference between eating and not eating? Sometimes you're
eating, sometimes you're not.

It's just telling you that it doesn't *happen* to be loading its
configuration right now at this very moment. It's just a status message,
not an error. If you issued a "ndc reload" or "ndc reconfig", then maybe
you would see a different status temporarily, then it would go back to "NOT

It could certainly be worded better. Something like "Configuration Load