bad ip address

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Wed Oct 11 11:59:06 UTC 2000

> Can anyone help me with the following.

If you gave more information, like the REAL configuration
files, output of your tests etc maybe.

But this is a BIND forum, and not really suited to DNS on NT.

> I have set-up a NT server box with a server name of say
> test.testing.co.uk and given it an ip address.

post the real domain, so people here can help by testing
the setup from their view.

> The problem is I can't seem to ping the server name.
> It says " Bad ip address test.testing.co.uk=20
> It pings the ip address fine.

Show the exact commandline and response (cutand paste, don't
retype and do not clesn it up in the process. May errors are in
a small detail easily erased during copying by hand...)