Sender domain must resolve problem

James Holmes jdh at rtds.com
Thu Oct 12 23:32:48 UTC 2000

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:

>         rtds.com has a bad delegation.  Niether of the delegated servers
>         is serving rtds.com.
>
>         The parent zone has NS1.ESCAPE.CA and NS2.ESCAPE.CA listed as the
>         servers.
>
>         Mark

When I do nslookup rtds.com from an outside system (the only one I have
access to is terminal.escape.ca) rtds.com doesn't resolve if I'm using
'set type=A', but mail.rtds.com does. If I use set type=mx then an
rtds.com query succeeds and lists mail.rtds.com as the mail exchanger
and dns1.mts.net and dns2.mts.net as the nameservers. How did you get
NS1.ESCAPE.CA and NS2.ESCAPE.CA? Something that might give you a hint is
that our service provider Escape Communications recently merged with MTS
Telecom Services and I do remember that NS1.ESCAPE.CA and NS2.ESCAPE.CA
used to be our old nameservers - they made a change without notifying
us. Is there anything we/they need to do to properly register the
rtds.com domain?