BIND 8.2.3 T6B "NT2"

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Sun Oct 29 19:10:16 UTC 2000

We've found a couple of pbs and would like to know if anybody else
has seen them:

1. Up to 14 ip addresses on the BIND W2K machine works fine
(answering on all i/f's and respecting LISTEN-ON
sub-statements).  But above 14 ip's on one i/f, BIND refuses all
connections and the listen-on doesn't work either.

2. On a BIND machine that is zone slave, the NOTIFY and zone
transfers and updates of work fine, but (some?) db.zonefile.ixfr.tmp
files are not being deleted.

We'd appreciate input from any of the many others who DL'ed the T6B
files from the
BIND8NT site and so far haven't reported these two issues.

On the site where we discovered these pb's, BIND 8.2.3 T6B "NT2" is
still othewise working fine in production.

Thanks,
Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5 & 8.2.3 T6B for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways