BIND 8.2.3 T6B "NT2"

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Oct 30 02:43:36 UTC 2000

At 08:10 PM 10/29/00 +0100, Len Conrad wrote:

>We've found a couple of pbs and would like to know if anybody else
>has seen them:
>
>1. Up to 14 ip addresses on the BIND W2K machine works fine
>(answering on all i/f's and respecting LISTEN-ON
>sub-statements).  But above 14 ip's on one i/f, BIND refuses all
>connections and the listen-on doesn't work either.

		Actually, it's surprising you can get more than 10 to work.
 Kevin indicated that he could get up to 18 and still have named
 continue to run.  It stopped at 19.  I received some code to allow
 it to work with as many as 100 IP addresses, but I haven't examined
 the code yet.

>2. On a BIND machine that is zone slave, the NOTIFY and zone
>transfers and updates of work fine, but (some?) db.zonefile.ixfr.tmp
>files are not being deleted.

		This is a new one.  Did anyone see this in 8.2.2-P5 or is it only
  in the 8.2.3-T6B version?

>We'd appreciate input from any of the many others who DL'ed the T6B
>files from the
>BIND8NT site and so far haven't reported these two issues.
>
>On the site where we discovered these pb's, BIND 8.2.3 T6B "NT2" is
>still othewise working fine in production.

	It will take time to figure out the fixes for these problems.  In the
meantime
  don't put that many IP addresses on a box and temporary files can easily
  be cleaned up.  My priorities are first the resolv.conf problem, followed by
  the Too-Many IP addresses problem and then the temp files.

			Danny