BIND Bug Summary

Loucks, Guy Guy.Loucks at det.nsw.edu.au
Fri Sep 1 03:36:52 UTC 2000

My many thanks to the prompt responses from:
	Mark Andrews
	Peter

This turned out to be a config file mistake, missed the multiple-cnames yes,
option.

A few gracious souls tried to run DIG against our external DNS, thus
locating our global MX wildcards, and started indicating that we had
multiple entries in the zone file, which is not allowed for the CNAME entry.
Not quite the problem.

A few people suggested to not use this, as it is not in BIND 9, but as we
have fail over clusters, that is not an option for us right now.

Likewise for the BIND upgrade, we are running an 8.1.2 derivative, but it is
Compaq's (DEC), and we do not want to break our clusters or their support
from Compaq on core servers, the security issues are quarantined.

Cheers,

Guy