Bind 9.0.0 on Windows platforms..

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Sep 21 20:06:32 UTC 2000

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 10:00:04PM +0200, Hans K. Rosbach wrote:
> > >Does anybody know whether it is possible to compile 9.0.0 for win32 yet?
> > >I have tried, but without success.. As i cannot see any MS VC++ 6
> makefiles
> > >there.
> >
> > David Conrad told me there are no plans (really, no Win32 development
> > resources at ISC) to port BIND9 to Win32.
> > Len
>
> You can't be serious...  9.0.0 has fixed many win32 bugs (says so in the
> changes file), and
> is supposed to make porting easier...!

Historically, ISC has always relied on concerned netizens to step up to
the plate and provide the MSW-NT fixes and compilation details.

Of course, this is why there will now never be a released version of
8.2.3 (as I understand it).  I'm glad they didn't wait for the MSW
version of 9.0.0 to release it.

Any takers?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B