Bind 9.0.0 on Windows platforms..

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Thu Sep 21 20:12:10 UTC 2000

> > David Conrad told me there are no plans (really, no Win32 development
> > resources at ISC) to port BIND9 to Win32.
> > Len
>
>You can't be serious...

but I am.

>9.0.0 has fixed many win32 bugs (says so in the
>changes file), and is supposed to make porting easier...!

Have you noticed that ISC has not been able to muster the resoures to
fix the bugs in the NT port of 8.2.2 p5 over the last 5 or 6 months?

Did you see David Conrad's bounty of $250 a couple of months ago for
anyone who could fix the bugs in 8.2.2 p5 NT port?

Have you noticed that 8.2.3 or 9 is not available for NT or W2K ?

It was only last week that Nortel Networks contributed the fixes of
the NT 8.2.2p5 Multiple-A record bug.

There may be a BIND9 port to Win32, but from what I hear from David,
ISC won't be doing it, for lack of Win32 resources.

Any takers?  And do a port of dig at the same time.

Len