Win2k & UNIX bind 8x

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 8 21:16:58 UTC 2000

The _msdcs subdomain is not the only one used by Active Directory. Looking at
one of our test AD domains, it's also writing SRV records to a _udp, a _tcp
and a _sites subdomain (e.g. _ldap._tcp.{domain name}). Additionally, I think
it's also writing A records for the names of the Domain Controllers
themselves directly into the domain. I don't know whether it can be
configured on the Win2K side to use a subdomain for those Domain Controller
names, or whether you could just get away with putting those A records in
statically...

- Kevin