»Ø¸´: why my nameserver allways reload?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 8 21:48:09 UTC 2000

zhangkj wrote:

> Thanks your replay.
> I have 35000 zones,and it increase quickly.
> I think of it reloading because I find the message "reloading nameserver"
> frequently in log,and at this time the cpu's load is weight.Actually,it is
> error
> in many zones ,

What kind of error?

> but i hope it donn't reload in the day,and I cron use the
> command
>  "reload reconfig" in night. Can  this be realized?
> Thanks again.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking whether the nameserver
can be just reloaded once per night? Sure. But there is no option within the
nameserver for it to only accept "reload" commands at certain times of the
day. You can't limit reloads on the *receiving* side of the
"reload" commands, i.e. the nameserver. You have to find out what is
*sending* the "reload" commands and prevent it from doing that except once a
night, or stop it completely from sending "reload" commands and have some
other mechanism do the nightly reload.

- Kevin