DNS Installation

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Sep 15 16:08:23 UTC 2000

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 09:04:22AM +0800, Wang Wei Hua wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
> I have a few versions of named, only one named-xfer, How can I know they are the match pair?
> And if they are not matched, what will happen? I have tried different versions of named with the same named-xfer, they are all working well.

When you perform the configuration and compilation of BIND as
documented, you will get BOTH.

Install the latest versions you have compiled.  Install them together.
Then you will know that they are a matched pair.  ;-)

They should work together fairly well even if not matched, unless you
use capabilities that one has but not the other.  But there is also the
security consideration.  The latest versions have security fixes for
both, I believe.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B