DNS Installation

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Sep 14 16:18:13 UTC 2000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 02:36:18PM +0800, Wang Wei Hua wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Recently I have dowloaded Bind 8.1, after compiling it, I have a quetion
> needed to ask you, do I need to run " make install" to install all utilities
> came with the Bind, or just copy ./src/bin/named/named to /sbin or /usr/sbin
> dir?
>
> what is impact if I don't run full installation?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Wang

After downloading and compiling BIND 8.2.2-P5 or later, you may put
just 'named' and 'named-xfer' in the appropriate directory.  This will
give you the new name server.  You may wish to install the improved
versions of the utilities and of the name server libraries, if you have
the time, the disk space, and the ability.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B