DNS maintaining DNS files

HAG.Keijzer at mindef.nl HAG.Keijzer at mindef.nl
Wed Apr 4 07:33:22 UTC 2001

Hi

I walked into the same problems.
My current client maintains their hosts and aliases still in a host file and
then use nh2n to convert them to db files.

In my opinion nh2n is a very poor tool, it requires a lot of extra
maintaince in order to keep it functioning correctly, which is why I decided
to do a full rewrite of it.
The result is now a neat little program which I called nh2n (written in
perl) which not only is faster (I read the entire hostfile in memory and
from there generate the zonefiles from there.

Also it generates the named.conf.zones zone definitions which get
incorperated into named.conf with the include statement.

The code is property of the client, so I am unable to share it :(.
But it took me about a day to write it and get it running.

My suggestion would be to step into the world of perl or any other language
and write a tailormade proggy :o)

Kind Regards / Met vriendelijke Groet,

Gody Keijzer

Windows95: <win-doz-nin-te-fiv> n.
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit
operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by
a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.