lots of UDP connections

Robert L. Yelvington rly at sciresearch.com
Mon Apr 23 17:58:39 UTC 2001

I've got a server running RH 7.0 w/bind 8.2.2 P5-25...as much as I hate
to admitt it, I didn't configure the box myself, it's basically a
"server in a box" machine.

After having run DNS and httpd for a few days, everything was fine,
until I noticed a "butt load" of udp connections open.

I haven't read about any bugs in this release that would cause this to
happen, and haven't read about any bugs with RH7 that would cause this
to happen...

Would someone mind offering a suggestion as to where I can look to find
out more?

robt