New entries not resolving with Bind 8.2.3

joydeepche joydeep at bplnet.com
Sat Apr 28 07:01:15 UTC 2001

Hi Guys,

                 I am experiencing a peculiar problem after having compiled Bind 8.2.3 successfully on HP-UX 11.00.
The new entries consisting of domainname with A records entered on my db files are not getting resolved when i do a NSLOOKUP. It tries for sometime and gives the message :
*** blr.dns1.com can't find anurag: Non-existent host/domain

It's resolving for the older domains with non-authoratitive answer(taking from cache).Is it so that it's not reading from the db file at all and taking only from cache?

The /etc/rc.config.d/namesvrs file is having NAMED=0 entry for starting the name server daemon by default. I tried putting 1 and starting it. The named daemon gets started whether it is 0 or 1.

Any idea or suggestion what's going wrong pls?

regards

joydeep