New entries not resolving with Bind 8.2.3

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sat Apr 28 14:18:00 UTC 2001

>>>>> "joydeepche" == joydeepche  <joydeep at bplnet.com> writes:

    joydeepche> Hi Guys, I am experiencing a peculiar problem after
    joydeepche> having compiled Bind 8.2.3 successfully on HP-UX
    joydeepche> 11.00.  The new entries consisting of domainname with
    joydeepche> A records entered on my db files are not getting
    joydeepche> resolved when i do a NSLOOKUP. It tries for sometime
    joydeepche> and gives the message : *** blr.dns1.com can't find
    joydeepche> anurag: Non-existent host/domain

This is a common problem. Reverse lookups for your name server's IP
address don't work, so an idiot tool like nslookup doesn't
work. Consult the list archives for more info. If you used a decent
lookup tool like dig, you would not have this problem.