Secondary(slave) Stuff!

Brett bourby at i-o.net.au
Fri Aug 10 04:18:53 UTC 2001

I've setup a bind master and slave.

The master seems to be working fine but the secondary isn't doing what I'm
wanting.

Once I've setup a master record, I setup the slave to point to it to the
master and it pulls down all the a-records and MX fine. I've changed an
A-record and it's been working fine on the master, but after 6 days it has
not yet updated in the slave.

What can I look at? .. I've done most of the setup using webmin, but
understand how to use the config files.

Also, the secondary has stopped acting as a caching name
server........(ie-only works with records it holds).....where can I look at
that?.

Brett.