merged company DNS transition - stubs

Alan Cheski acheski at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 16:05:04 UTC 2001

Hello, we have a scenario here that I was hoping
someone would be able to provide some input on. Our
company was taken over and now we are trying to allow
host resolution between our zones. We are using the
stub record in named.conf. It works ok for the .com
zone but we have a small problem with the .net zone.
Prior to using stubs, a couple .net addresses were
added to our zone and point to our servers so that we
can access some info from the new company. If we add a
.net stub, the resolution provides an IP from the new
company. But, we want to override this for the 3 or 4
addresses that our in our network. Is there a way to
use a stub for .net but override the lookup of the 3-4
addresses we want to resolve in our local domain??