Domain re-direction

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Aug 29 22:09:26 UTC 2001

In article <9mj3qs$jb4 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
David Frank  <david at datachannel.com> wrote:
>	I have recently been tasked to create a re-direct from a recently
>purchased domain to our existing one. I believe I have read that it is not a
>good idea to have multiple master zones running on your primary DNS server.

Uh oh, we have over 26,000 master zones on our primary DNS server.  Do you
think we should have 26,000 separate servers?  And anyone with both a
forward and reverse zone has at least 2 zones.

Perhaps what you're thinking of is the recommendation to use separate
servers for caching and authoritative DNS.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA