DDNS & Win2k clients

Yanek Korff yanek at cigital.com
Thu Aug 30 19:25:11 UTC 2001

Could someone point me to some good resources discussing the deployment of
DHCP with DDNS in a heterogeneous unix/WinNT/Win2k environment?
Specifically, I know that Win2k machines will attempt to register their name
in DNS... Is this in _msdcs.mydomain.com?  If so the documentation I need is
a Q&A in the FAQ.

Additional documentation would be helpful.

Another question:  Is there documentation available on the pros/cons of
deploying two DHCP servers on the same subnet?  Is this recommended?

-Yanek.