DDNS & Win2k clients

Cricket Liu cricket at nxdomain.com
Thu Aug 30 20:19:22 UTC 2001

> Could someone point me to some good resources discussing the deployment of
> DHCP with DDNS in a heterogeneous unix/WinNT/Win2k environment?
> Specifically, I know that Win2k machines will attempt to register their
name
> in DNS... Is this in _msdcs.mydomain.com?  If so the documentation I need
is
> a Q&A in the FAQ.
>
> Additional documentation would be helpful.

I wrote an article that appeared in the March issue of Linux Magazine on
getting BIND to work with Windows 2000.  You can find it online at

http://www.linux-mag.com/2001-03/bind_01.html

For more information on what Windows 2000 DHCP client register, see

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/docs/w2kdns.doc

cricket