Some basic bind configuration questions

Pierre Girard pierreg at crt.umontreal.ca
Thu Aug 30 20:11:34 UTC 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Barry Margolin wrote:
> Since this DNS is just for your internal use, you can put the private
> addresses in it.

It is for internal use only but the servers will be connected to the
internet, does this make any difference?  Is it possible to block
requests from outside our network in the config files.

> BIND 8 and 9 are about 95% the same in configuration.  BIND 9's log
> messages are completely different, so that chapter of the book won't be
> much help.  But I think if you get the 4th Edition it covers BIND 9.

You're right, i didn't know that version was out i only saw the 3rd
edition cover in the local bookstore.

Thanks a lot.