How to Restrict recursive DNS queries on BIND for NT4

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Sat Dec 15 16:04:57 UTC 2001

> >There's no native version of BIND for Windows NT.  You're
> >running the Microsoft DNS Server.  There's no way to restrict
> >recursive queries using the Microsoft DNS Server.
>
> Cricket,
>             For a change I get to correct you!  There ARE native versions
> of BIND
> for Windows NT.  I've been building BIND on Win32 since BIND 8.2.3.  The
> latest BIND 8 version on Win32 is 8.2.5.  For BIND 9 the first release is
> 9.2.0.  See the ISC Web site http://www.isc.org/ for details.

I took "native version of BIND" to mean "the name server that came with
Windows NT."  I'm certainly familiar with your ports of BIND to Windows
NT--thanks for your hard work on that!

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes