Web notify usind DNS

mm.bind at nisu.org mm.bind at nisu.org
Tue Dec 25 20:27:24 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have a web server (i.e. www.example.com) on the same machine than DNS for that domain.
The internet connection for this server fails frequently, so I want to redirect users accessing this page to other
server in a different network, where the server simply notifies the failure of the "true" server.
I have tried to do it using the other name server for the domain, that gives a different IP, but the problem is if two
name servers for a domain give different IPs for a server, I cannot control the precedence that name servers use to
decide which name server use for the domain. So, frequently, the "false" server is reached instead the "true" even if
this is well connected.

My questions:
There is some way to indicate a precedence for name servers for a domain?
Some one has a better idea to solve the problem? (I cannot replicate web contents ;-)