Is it possible to Add dhcp records to dns

Charles Bodley Bodley at tflogic.com
Tue Feb 6 16:19:11 UTC 2001

Is it possible to Add dhcp records to dns. By this I mean we have
Approximately 30 Dhcp clients. I would like to make them all part of a
domain. for instance vali-laptop is a machine name. it has an internal ip of
10.1.9.1 it is given this ip using dhcp but the ip is actually static. I did
this by adding certain lines to dhcpd.conf
group {
   host vali-laptop.cyberset.com {
              hardware ethernet 00:50:04:95:9b:43;
              fixed-address 10.1.9.1;
             }
}
I then created a domain *.internal.tflogic.com. This is to hold all our
internal servers and workstations. I have gotten this to work with any
static IP but have no clue how to do it for dhcp hosts. is there a way to
get the dhcpd hosts file imported into *.internal.tflogic.com?