updating dns

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Feb 7 00:23:09 UTC 2001

Um, there is no BIND 8.2.6 or 8.2.7. Did you mean 8.2.2 patchlevel 6 and 8.2.2 patchlevel 7? If you're running either of those, you should upgrade to 8.2.3
immediately for security reasons (see the recent CERT advisory).

Having said that, though, there are no changes in named.conf that I'm aware of between and of the various 8.2.* versions. There are, however, some minor differences
in the way zone files are parsed. 8.2.3 is a little stricter. The thing you're most likely to run into is if you have an SOA record split across multiple lines and
the opening parenthesis -- "(" -- isn't on the first line. That's an illegal syntax which 8.2.2 accepted but 8.2.3 does not.

                                                                                                                                                         - Kevin