cannot load data from master automatically

gilbert gilbert at staff.163.com
Wed Feb 7 10:21:37 UTC 2001

hi!
 I have a master DNS and a slave DNS
master: BIND8.2.2-P5 on FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE
slave:  BIND8.2.2-P5 on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE
 The problem is: everytime I modify the master db, I must reload the db in slave manually. If I don't do it manually ( use named-xfer ), the change will never reach the slave server, even that I set refresh time to 10 second, wait for serval days. Of course, the 'notify' function of bind doesn't work either. Except for this inconvenience, these two servers work well.
  Do anybody know why?

  Thanks a lot!

fine at netease.com