cannot load data from master automatically

gilbert gilbert at staff.163.com
Wed Feb 7 09:52:23 UTC 2001

hi!
 I have a master DNS and a slave DNS
master: BIND8.2.2-P5 on FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE
slave:  BIND8.2.2-P5 on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE
 The problem is: everytime I modify the master db, I must reload the db in slave manually. If I don't do it manually ( use named-xfer ), the change will never reach the slave server, even that I set refresh time to 10 second, wait for serval days. Of course, the 'notify' function of bind doesn't work either. Except for this inconvenience, these two servers work well.

  Thanks a lot!

fine at netease.com