Server is NOT loading its configuration

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Feb 9 19:26:41 UTC 2001

    >> What exactly does that message mean? I am getting it when I go
    >> "ndc status". The server appears to be working, so what does
    >> this mean?
    peter> The message is a little misleading, it says that the server
    peter> is done with loading the configuration.

    peter> The funny thing is that while the server is busy loading
    peter> it's configuration it wont respond to ndc :-)

An ever funnier thing is that 8.2.3 prints a status message that's
much clearer and shouldn't cause this confusion.