two name servers on one Raq?

Doug Barton DougB at gorean.org
Tue Feb 13 18:13:11 UTC 2001

Chris Neary wrote:

> 2) You will note from the beginning of my original post I said quote I need
> to run two name servers on one Cobalt Raq4. I know "this doesn't make sense"
> unquote. Rather than you lecturing me on the disadvantages of running two
> name servers on one machine, when it's stupidly obvious why people shouldn't
> do it, I'd prefer if you had just helped me.

	Your argument is that you know it's a bad idea, but you want to do it
anyway. Our argument is that it's SUCH a bad idea that not only should
you not do it at all, we (well, most of us anyway) won't help you do it.
Since everyone answering letters on this list does so out of their own
free will, you get exactly what you pay for.

Doug