BIND 9.1.1rc2

Daniel Roesen droesen at entire-systems.com
Wed Feb 14 12:57:42 UTC 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 05:43:05PM +0000, Tim wrote:
> >>Feb 13 10:21:57 nims1 /usr/local/named/sbin/named[11132]: the default for the 'auth-nxdomain' option is now 'no'
>
> What does this mean?

from doc/misc/migration:

  If your named.conf file uses an unimplemented option, named will log a
  warning message.  A message is also logged about each option whose
  default has changed unless the option is set explicitly in named.conf.

  In particular, if you see a warning message about the default for the
  "auth-nxdomain" option having changed, you can suppress it by adding
  one of the following lines to the named.conf options { } block:

     auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
     auth-nxdomain yes;   # do what BIND 8 did by default

> >>Feb 13 10:21:57 nims1 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-10
>
> I don't know what this module is.. do I need to compile something
> extra into my kernel?

This is BIND trying to use IPv6 system calls. The kernel tries to load
the IPv6 kernel module. If you don't want to see this message, insert
the following line in your /etc/modules.conf (or /etc/conf.modules):

alias net-pf-10 off

> >>Feb 13 10:21:57 nims1 /usr/local/named/sbin/named[11132]: no IPv6
> >> interfaces found
>
> I'm not sure that this matters; I recall someone posting a message a
> while ago about this, though I seem to remember it not being a big
> deal...

It just states that it didn't find any IPv6 configured network interfaces
on your machine.

Best regards,
Daniel

entire systems GmbH         | droesen at entire-systems.com
Internet Services           | Phone: +49 2624 9550-55
Ferbachstrasse 12           | Fax:   +49 2624 9550-20
D-56203 Hoehr-Grenzhausen   | http://www.entire-systems.com/