Zone Transfer Problem

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Feb 15 22:33:46 UTC 2001

> Hello,
>
> >Set "transfer-format one-answer;".
>
> Thank you, that was exactly the right tip.
> It now works perfectly.
>

> >P.S.  If your has not upgraded I would say you need a new ISP.
>
> We do we need a new ISP? He is responsible for his nameservers.
> If he prefers to be a potential target in the internet, I think, it's his
> problem.
> :-)

	Actually it could become your problem.  He is providing
	secondary service.  If thay becomes compromised then your
	clients may be directed elsewhere.

	Also if he has failed to secure his nameservers what else
	is he failing to secure.

	However it is up to you to weigh the risks.  He is aware
	of the problems in his servers, isn't he?

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com