Zone Transfer Problem

Dirk Schulten dirk.schulten at intrex-systems.com
Fri Feb 16 09:36:07 UTC 2001

Hallo,

>         Actually it could become your problem.  He is providing
>         secondary service.  If thay becomes compromised then your
>         clients may be directed elsewhere.

I'm now aware of this problem. I just consider further actions.

>Also if he has failed to secure his nameservers what else
>is he failing to secure.

Well, the only connection point we have is that nameserver.
What else he does with his machines is non of my business.

>However it is up to you to weigh the risks.  He is aware
>of the problems in his servers, isn't he?

I think so, that he is actually aware. He wouldn't be a
good administrator if he wouldn't. I really don't know
why he doesn't switch. Maybe it's a "never touch
a running system" issue.

Dirk Schulten