version question

Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil
Fri Feb 16 19:41:45 UTC 2001

I am currently running bind on three sun boxes using Solaris 7. Two of the
boxes upgraded to 8.2.3 from 8.2.2-p7 w/ no problems. The last one upgraded
no problems, at least no problems listed in the logs. The problem comes when
you do  a version check on it, it still shows 8.2.2-p7. I reran the install
and watched for where it calls for the tmp_version.c, which shows 823 and
current date, but its not updating the system files. When you restart bind
it shows 8.2.3 starting and the loading of the zones. Could someone tell me
where the version file is called from?

Appreciate all help,

Tim