version question

Claude Marinier claude.marinier at dreo.dnd.ca
Fri Feb 16 19:53:29 UTC 2001

Solaris usually keeps in.named in /usr/sbin. ISC usually keeps named in
/usr/local/sbin. What steps did you take to make sure the correct version
is started?

I recommend that you, at least, rename the old in.named and change the
permissions so no one can run it (you might want to delete it).

I tend to create a synbolic link in /usr/sbin so in.named actually runs
/usr/local/sbin/named.

Note that similar consideration sapply to the utility programs.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier at dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675