version question

J Bacher jb at jbacher.com
Fri Feb 16 23:16:40 UTC 2001

At 05:35 PM 2/16/01 -0500, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

>Then check your running versions correctly.  'named -v' is NOT the way
>to do it.
>
>dig txt chaos version.bind @your.server.name
>
>         OR
>
>nslookup -type=txt -class=chaos version.bind your.server.name

It may not be "the" way to do it, however, if that is the way he is doing
and there are multiple name daemons in his path, identifying the possible
problem helps prevent a future issue.

I not only recommend changing the permissions but moving the file to
something like named-8.2.2p7 (if that's what it is) to prevent confusion
until the older version is removed from the system.