Root zone timeout and workarounds?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Feb 20 03:33:26 UTC 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 09:00:15PM -0500, Kevin Darcy wrote:
> Another thing just occurred to me: are these "resolvers" by any chance
> *forwarding* servers running pre-BIND-8.2.3 code? There were shortcomings in the
> forwarding code prior to BIND 8.2.3...

Kevin,

Is this list of "shortcomings" listed anywhere other than the changelog?
I used to have a number of forwarding servers and they just didn't act
right.  Reading this was the first I have had hope that they could be
turned back into forwarders someday... (GRIN).

Are the "shortcomings" easily summarized, or were there many?

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>