new domains

kpc kpc at floweb.net
Wed Feb 21 20:15:09 UTC 2001

Bind 9.1.1 is running on RH 7 machines

1 primary server  --  1 slave server

What files need to be set on the primary when adding a completely new
domain.
Instance:

Can I put all of these new domains on the same machine, all with the same
IP?
Yes, I would guess, but how?

I already have blah.net setup, with all hosts under blah.net,
like foo.blah.net and fi.blah.net and fo.blah.net

Now, it is time to add green.com, blue.com, and red.com

I am gueesing named.conf for sure, the reverse file, and then I am
stumped. A new db file(s) altogether, for each new domain? or do I change
the current db.blah file to include all of these new domains?

These new domains will be nothing more than public domains - I would
prefer not giving them each their own IP.
Am I making sense? I hope so.

If someone has the Oreilly book, give me a reference and I'm there.
Thanks.

-- kpc