SMTP on port other than 25 through DNS???

Igmar Palsenberg maillist at chello.nl
Wed Jan 10 00:41:52 UTC 2001

> Some people who have posted on this thread seem to think that it is okay
> for ISPs to block access at will.  ISPs do not to this to block spam!
> They would have to block outgoing connections TO port 25.  All this does
> is force people who want to control their e-mail on their own computer to
> pay extra.  It is extorsion, nothing more, nothing less.

No. The issue i'm talking about is cable / DSL users when INcoming 25 is
blocked to prevent then to function as a relay. About 60% of the spam I
get is caused by badly configured mailservers.

I also don't cause it a 'solution', it isn't. But it's been done, since
cable / DSL has enough bandwith to kill a mailserver.

I don't agree with ISP's blocking ports, but I can understand why they
made the decision.

	Regards,

		Igmar