3 guick questions

Marco Kammerer m.kammerer_SL at gmx.at
Wed Jan 10 14:00:55 UTC 2001

Hi!

a.) Do I need to restart bind when I have added a entry in /etc/named.conf
and made the appropriate /var/named/hostsfile ?
example I add da zone hund.at, do i have to restart?

b.) If i change a entry in a zone file and i increase the serial, do i also
have to restart bind?

c.) how often and when are you going to restart bind? (cronjob)

d.) Do I have to make the reverse file for alle the ipadresses i have used
in my hostsfiles?
see below ....

Thank you
Marco

file 123.123.123 in /var/named/pz/123123123
pz stands for primary zone files!

$TTL 3D
@               IN      SOA     ns1.domaina.at. support.domaina.at. (
                                2001010703       ; Serial
                                8H      ; Refresh
                                2H      ; Retry
                                4W      ; Expire
                                1D )    ; Minimum TTL

                        NS      ns1.domaina.at.
                        NS      ns2.domaina.at.

10                      PTR     ns1.domaina.at.
11                      PTR     ns2.domaina.at.

12                      PTR     pop.domaia.at.

file 45.45.123 in /var/named/pz/123123123
pz stands for primary zone files!
$TTL 3D
@               IN      SOA     ns1.domaina.at. support.domaina.at. (
                                2001010703       ; Serial
                                8H      ; Refresh
                                2H      ; Retry
                                4W      ; Expire
                                1D )    ; Minimum TTL

                        NS      ns1.domaina.at.
                        NS      ns2.domaina.at.

37                      PTR     pop.test.at.