Bind problems of a beginner

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jan 18 01:05:37 UTC 2001

Modern versions of sendmail check the domain name of the sender as an
anti-spam measure. It's not a "problem" of sendmail; rather, a feature.

Note that the lookup sendmail would be doing initially is an MX record
lookup. Is that what you tested? Only if the MX lookup failed would
sendmail issue an A record lookup (the default record type for nslookup).

Providing the *real* domain name would greatly assist in troubleshooting
your problem.

- Kevin